Reports to: Planning & Logistics Manager
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Supervises Others: No
Job Title: Junior Production Planner
The position is responsible for planning and preparing production schedules for the Company’s product lines. This includes coordinating the master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates, according to sales forecasts or customer orders. The ideal Junior Production Planner will be responsible for organizing operations over the entire production cycle and will possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Utilizes computer-generated backlog reports, stocking requirement reports, and current stock reports to plan production builds for several product lines, based on both customer orders and sales forecasts.
- Schedules production so that lots are completed in time for scheduled shipments to customers and/or to meet forecasted stocking levels.
- Collects the component parts that make up a production build, opens a production lot (PR#) in the computer system (TENSOFT) and issues those components to the production lot.
- Delivers the components and paperwork (traveler) to the shop floor for all manufacturing areas.
- Tracks all open production and released lots using the computerized ERP system, alerts management to any orders that are in danger of becoming delinquent, and works with other departments to ensure all samples, group testing and other requirements are met during the life cycle of the production lot.
- Communicates to the shop-floor supervisor and other departments, such as QA and Engineering, which orders to work on and in what sequence.
- Organizes workload throughout the day to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Provides backup support to shipping and receiving.
- Completes tasks or other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required; AA or college degree preferred
- Experience in production planning or logistics preferred
- Experience and/or ability to understand ERP & Tensoft concepts a plus
- Uses Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and Power Point) at a proficient level, as well as Internet and email programs
- Uses critical thinking skills to create original documents, reports and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral or schedule form
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for services and information from internal or external customers
Must be self-disciplined and self-motivated and have the ability to comprehend extensive production operations and schedules